Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR:
QSee QSDR16RTC - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Forward Ports for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR
When you use a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSDR16RTC
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QSee QSDR16RTC DVR.