Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR:
QSee QSPDVR16 - PC
- TCP: 80, 1159-1161
- UDP: 80, 1159-1161
Set Up a Port Forward for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR
When you use a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSPDVR16
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QSee QSPDVR16 DVR.