The following ports need to be forwarded for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR:
QSee QSTD2408 - PC
- TCP: 80, 2000
Forwarding Ports for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR
When you use a QSee QSTD2408 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QSee QSTD2408 DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSTD2408
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QSee QSTD2408 DVR.