The following ports need to be forwarded for a QSee QT DVRs DVR:
QSee QT DVRs - PC
- TCP: 85, 6036
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QT DVRs DVR
When you use a QSee QT DVRs DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QSee QT DVRs DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QSee QT DVRs DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QT DVRs DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QT DVRs DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QT DVRs
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QSee QT DVRs DVR.