The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QT428 DVR are:
QSee QT428 - PC
- TCP: 80, 6036
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QSee QT428 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QSee QT428 DVR. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QSee QT428 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QSee QT428 DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QSee QT428 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QT428 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QT428
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QSee QT428 DVR.