Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR:
Quadrox GuardDVR - PC
- TCP: 80, 1518
- UDP: 4096-4224
Forward Ports for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR
When you use a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Quadrox GuardDVR
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Quadrox GuardDVR DVR.