The following ports need to be forwarded for Quake III Arena Server:
Quake III Arena Server - PC
- TCP: 27960-27969
- UDP: 27960-27969
Setting Up a Port Forward for Quake III Arena Server
When you use Quake III Arena Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Quake III Arena Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for Quake III Arena Server
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Quake III Arena Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Quake III Arena Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Quake III Arena Server
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Quake III Arena Server.