How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Resident Evil Village
When you play Resident Evil Village you will experience the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
Port Forward Resident Evil Village
When you are playing Resident Evil Village you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Resident Evil Village
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Resident Evil Village are as follows:
Resident Evil 8: Village - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil 8: Village - PlayStation 5
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil 8: Village - Xbox Series X/S
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Resident Evil Village that will show you the ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.