How to Port Forward in Your Router for Resident Evil
Resident Evil offers the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
How to Port Forward Resident Evil
When you are playing Resident Evil you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Resident Evil
The ports for Resident Evil are as follows:
Resident Evil - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Resident Evil - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Resident Evil - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Resident Evil that will show you the specific ports.
- Resident Evil - PC
- Resident Evil - Playstation 3
- Resident Evil - Playstation 4
- Resident Evil - Wii
- Resident Evil - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.