The following ports need to be forwarded for Ricochet Server:
Ricochet Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015
Set Up a Port Forward for Ricochet Server
When you use Ricochet Server you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Ricochet Server.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for Ricochet Server
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Ricochet Server in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Ricochet Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Ricochet Server
That's all it takes to forward your ports for Ricochet Server.