Opening Ports for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse using Your Router
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has the following genres of gameplay.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
When you are playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
The specific ports for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse are as follows:
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse simply follow one of these links:
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Steam
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Xbox One
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Playstation 4
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.