Ports To Forward for Sid Meier's Civilization VI
The specific ports for Sid Meier's Civilization VI are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Sid Meier's Civilization VI yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sid Meier's Civilization VI that will show you the specific ports.
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Steam
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Playstation 4
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Switch
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Xbox One
When you play Sid Meier's Civilization VI you will encounter the following styles of play.
- Turn based games differ from real time games in that each player is given a distinct turn in which to act. Some include a timer to limit the amount of time that a player takes while the other player is waiting.
- While playing a strategy game the player is focused on long term planning. They can be either real-time which involves a free running clock or turn-based where each player gets to take their turn in sequence. They frequently include exploration and resource management.
Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization VI
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization VI you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that you're done your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.