How to Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization VI in Your Router
Sid Meier's Civilization VI offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
Forward Ports for Sid Meier's Civilization VI
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization VI you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Sid Meier's Civilization VI Require
The network ports for Sid Meier's Civilization VI are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sid Meier's Civilization VI that will show you the network ports.
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Steam
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Switch
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Playstation 4
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.