Skylanders: Swap Force is an Action, Adventure, and Platformer game published by Activision released in 2013.
Skylanders: Swap Force includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for Skylanders: Swap Force
When you are playing Skylanders: Swap Force you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Skylanders: Swap Force Require
The specific incoming ports for Skylanders: Swap Force are as follows:
Skylanders: Swap Force - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Skylanders: Swap Force - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Skylanders: Swap Force - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Skylanders: Swap Force - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Skylanders: Swap Force - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Skylanders: Swap Force that will show you the network ports.
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Playstation 3
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Playstation 4
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Wii
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Xbox 360
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Xbox One
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.