When you play Skylanders: Trap Team you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward Skylanders: Trap Team
When you are playing Skylanders: Trap Team you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Skylanders: Trap Team
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Skylanders: Trap Team are as follows:
Skylanders: Trap Team - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Skylanders: Trap Team - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Skylanders: Trap Team - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Skylanders: Trap Team - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Skylanders: Trap Team - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Skylanders: Trap Team simply follow one of these links:
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Playstation 3
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Playstation 4
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Wii
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Xbox 360
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.