When you play Sleeping Dogs you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Forward Ports for Sleeping Dogs
When you are playing Sleeping Dogs you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sleeping Dogs
The ports that need to be forwarded for Sleeping Dogs are as follows:
Sleeping Dogs - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Sleeping Dogs - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Sleeping Dogs - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Sleeping Dogs - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Sleeping Dogs - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sleeping Dogs that will show you the ports.
- Sleeping Dogs - Xbox 360
- Sleeping Dogs - Playstation 3
- Sleeping Dogs - PC
- Sleeping Dogs - Playstation 4
- Sleeping Dogs - Xbox One
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.