Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Song in the Smoke
Song in the Smoke includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- VR games require a VR headset and usually some sort of hand-held input device.
How to Port Forward Song in the Smoke
When you are playing Song in the Smoke you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Song in the Smoke Require
The network ports for Song in the Smoke are as follows:
Song in the Smoke - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Song in the Smoke - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Song in the Smoke yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Song in the Smoke simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.