The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS509+ device are:
Synology DS509+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forward Ports for a Synology DS509+ device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Synology DS509+ device. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Synology DS509+ device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS509+ device
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology DS509+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS509+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS509+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Synology DS509+ device.