Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology RS2211+ NAS:
Synology RS2211+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology RS2211+ NAS
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Synology RS2211+ NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology RS2211+ NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology RS2211+ NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Synology RS2211+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology RS2211+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology RS2211+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology RS2211+ NAS.