The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Talon DVR DVR are:
Talon DVR - PC
- TCP: 80, 3000-3007, 8800
- UDP: 80, 3000-3007, 8800
Forward Ports for a Talon DVR DVR
When you use a Talon DVR DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Talon DVR DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Talon DVR DVR
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Talon DVR DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Talon DVR DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Talon DVR
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Talon DVR DVR.