Port Forwarding on Your Router for The Banner Saga 2
The Banner Saga 2 includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
Forward Ports for The Banner Saga 2
When you are playing The Banner Saga 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for The Banner Saga 2
The required ports that need to be forwarded for The Banner Saga 2 are as follows:
The Banner Saga 2 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Banner Saga 2 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
The Banner Saga 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Banner Saga 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Banner Saga 2 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The Banner Saga 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for The Banner Saga 2 that will show you the network ports.
- The Banner Saga 2 - Playstation 4
- The Banner Saga 2 - Xbox One
- The Banner Saga 2 - Switch
- The Banner Saga 2 - Steam
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.