The Outer Worlds 2 has the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
How to Port Forward The Outer Worlds 2
When you are playing The Outer Worlds 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does The Outer Worlds 2 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for The Outer Worlds 2 are as follows:
The Outer Worlds 2 - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
The Outer Worlds 2 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Outer Worlds 2 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Outer Worlds 2 simply follow one of these links:
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.