How to Port Forward in Your Router for The Surge 2
The Surge 2 has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
Forward Ports for The Surge 2
When you are playing The Surge 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does The Surge 2 Require
The exact ports for The Surge 2 are as follows:
The Surge 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Surge 2 - Steam
- TCP: 1338,9264,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 1234,4380,27000-27031,27036
The Surge 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Surge 2 - PC
- TCP: 1338,9264
- UDP: 1234
We have guides that are custom tailored for The Surge 2 that will show you the ports.
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.