The Tale of Despereaux has the following styles of play.
Port Forward The Tale of Despereaux
When you are playing The Tale of Despereaux you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for The Tale of Despereaux
The incoming ports for The Tale of Despereaux are as follows:
The Tale of Despereaux - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Tale of Despereaux yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
The Tale of Despereaux - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1024-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for The Tale of Despereaux that will show you the incoming ports.
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.