When you play Ticket to Ride you will enjoy the following styles of play.
Port Forward Ticket to Ride
When you are playing Ticket to Ride you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Ticket to Ride Require
The connection ports for Ticket to Ride are as follows:
Ticket to Ride - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Ticket to Ride - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Ticket to Ride yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Ticket to Ride - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Ticket to Ride that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.