The ports that need to be forwarded for TkDC++ are listed here:
TkDC++ - PC
- TCP: User configured
- UDP: User configured
Set Up a Port Forward for TkDC++
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use TkDC++. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to TkDC++.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your download client.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for TkDC++
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your download client into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for TkDC++ in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for TkDC++:
List of Routers - Customized for TkDC++
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for TkDC++.