How to Open a Port in Your Router for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint offers the following styles of play.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - PC
- TCP: 14000,14008
- UDP: 3074,3658,4000-4050,6015,9103
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,4000-4011,9103
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,1000,3074,3544,4000-4011,4500,9103
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint simply follow one of these links:
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - PC
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Playstation 4
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Breakpoint - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.