How to Port Forward Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 has the following genres of gameplay.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there is a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
How to Port Forward Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 Require
The network ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658,10130,10140
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - PC
- TCP: 3074,10130,13000,13005,13200,14000-14001,14008
- UDP: 3074-3174,10140
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 simply follow one of these links:
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Xbox 360
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Playstation 3
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - PC
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.