Tomb Raider: Underworld includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
Forward Ports for Tomb Raider: Underworld
When you are playing Tomb Raider: Underworld you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tomb Raider: Underworld
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Tomb Raider: Underworld are as follows:
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Tomb Raider: Underworld - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Tomb Raider: Underworld - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Tomb Raider: Underworld yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
We have guides that are custom tailored for Tomb Raider: Underworld that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.