Torchlight II includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In a hack-and-slash style of game you spend most of the time just killing wave after wave of creatures. They are strongly emphasize combat over anything else. Hack-and-slash style games are usually also considered action games.
Port Forward Torchlight II
When you are playing Torchlight II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Torchlight II
The required incoming ports for Torchlight II are as follows:
Torchlight II - PC
- TCP: 4549
- UDP: 4171, 4175, 4179
Torchlight II - Steam
- TCP: 4549, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4171, 4175, 4179, 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Torchlight II - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Torchlight II - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Torchlight II - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Torchlight II simply follow one of these links:
- Torchlight II - PC
- Torchlight II - Steam
- Torchlight II - Playstation 4
- Torchlight II - Switch
- Torchlight II - Xbox One
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.