The ports that need to be forwarded for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR are listed here:
Viewgate Classic DVR - PC
- TCP: 80, 3000-3003, 3007, 8800-8801
- UDP: 3004-3005
Set Up a Port Forward for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR
When you use a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Viewgate Classic DVR
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Viewgate Classic DVR DVR.