The ports that need to be forwarded for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR are listed here:
Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR - PC
- TCP: 6100, 8100
- UDP: 6100, 8100
Forwarding Ports for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Vitek VT-EHL Series DVR DVR.