Ports Required for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
The incoming ports for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide are as follows:
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - Xbox Series X
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Warhammer 40,000: Darktide simply follow one of these links:
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide offers the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a hack-and-slash style of game you spend most of the time just killing wave after wave of creatures. They are strongly emphasize combat over anything else. Hack-and-slash style games are usually also considered action games.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Port Forward Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
When you are playing Warhammer 40,000: Darktide you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.