Open Ports on Your Router for When the Past was Around
When the Past was Around offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
How to Port Forward When the Past was Around
When you are playing When the Past was Around you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for When the Past was Around
The network ports for When the Past was Around are as follows:
When the Past was Around - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
When the Past was Around - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
When the Past was Around - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
When the Past was Around - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for When the Past was Around that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
- When the Past was Around - Steam
- When the Past was Around - Playstation 4
- When the Past was Around - Switch
- When the Past was Around - Xbox One
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.