Port Forwarding for X-Plane 11
When you play X-Plane 11 you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Flight games are usually from the cockpit or from a chase camera but can also be ground based such as RC simulation games. They are not necessarily flight simulators but are more often limited in functionality in order to be more approachable to a broader range of gamers. Wing Commander and TIE Fighter are popular flight games.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward X-Plane 11
When you are playing X-Plane 11 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does X-Plane 11 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded for X-Plane 11 are as follows:
X-Plane 11 - PC
- UDP: 49000-49001
We have guides that are custom tailored for X-Plane 11 that will show you the specific ports.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.