The ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR are listed here:
Zmodo H8108UV - PC
- TCP: 80, 7777
- UDP: 80, 7777
Forward Ports for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Zmodo H8108UV DVR. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Zmodo H8108UV DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo H8108UV
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Zmodo H8108UV DVR.