Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo H9004 DVR:
Zmodo H9004 - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
- UDP: 80, 9000
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo H9004 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Zmodo H9004 DVR. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Zmodo H9004 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a Zmodo H9004 DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Zmodo H9004 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo H9004 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo H9004
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo H9004 DVR.