The ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR are listed here:
Zmodo H9108UV - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
- UDP: 80, 9000
Set Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR
When you use a Zmodo H9108UV DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Zmodo H9108UV DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your DVR's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo H9108UV
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Zmodo H9108UV DVR.