The ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo M2104 DVR are listed here:
Zmodo M2104 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Forward Ports for a Zmodo M2104 DVR
When you use a Zmodo M2104 DVR you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Zmodo M2104 DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Zmodo M2104 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo M2104 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo M2104 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo M2104
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo M2104 DVR.