The following ports need to be forwarded for a Zmodo M6004 DVR:
Zmodo M6004 - PC
- TCP: 80, 6802
- UDP: 80, 6802
Forward Ports for a Zmodo M6004 DVR
When you use a Zmodo M6004 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Zmodo M6004 DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your DVR.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Zmodo M6004 DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo M6004 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo M6004 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo M6004
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo M6004 DVR.