The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo M6304 DVR are:
Zmodo M6304 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Forwarding Ports for a Zmodo M6304 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Zmodo M6304 DVR. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Zmodo M6304 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo M6304 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your DVR into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo M6304 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo M6304 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo M6304
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Zmodo M6304 DVR.