Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Zmodo M6909 DVR:
Zmodo M6909 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Forward Ports for a Zmodo M6909 DVR
When you use a Zmodo M6909 DVR you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Zmodo M6909 DVR.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo M6909 DVR
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Zmodo M6909 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo M6909 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo M6909
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo M6909 DVR.