The following ports need to be forwarded for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR:
Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 - PC
- TCP: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
- UDP: 80, 5050, 6050, 7050
Forward Ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Zmodo ZMD-DD-SAN8 DVR.