Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Real-Time and Strategy game published by Microsoft Studios, Xbox Game Studios released in 2018.
Which Ports Does Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Require
The ports for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - PC
- TCP: 3478, 5222, 8888
- UDP: 3478, 5222, 9999
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 3478, 5222, 8888, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 3478, 5222, 9999, 27015, 27031-27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition that will show you the specific ports.
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition offers the following styles of play.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
Forward Ports for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.