How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation has the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
Forward Ports for Alien: Isolation
When you are playing Alien: Isolation you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Alien: Isolation Require
The ports for Alien: Isolation are as follows:
Alien: Isolation - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Alien: Isolation - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Alien: Isolation - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Alien: Isolation - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Alien: Isolation - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Alien: Isolation - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Alien: Isolation simply follow one of these links:
- Alien: Isolation - Playstation 3
- Alien: Isolation - Playstation 4
- Alien: Isolation - Steam
- Alien: Isolation - Switch
- Alien: Isolation - Xbox 360
- Alien: Isolation - Xbox One
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.