Rocket League offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Arcade style games usually do not have a story and are closely related to action games, except they are much less in depth and intended to be played in a limited amount of time.
- Sports games simulate a variety of sports including football, baseball, basketball, track and field, and combat sports. They tend to be very competitive. Some are realistically modeled after their real world counterparts while others are satirical with a stronger emphasis on entertainment. Many sports games feature players from the real world in them.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
Port Forward Rocket League
When you are playing Rocket League you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Rocket League Require
The network ports for Rocket League are as follows:
Rocket League - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,7000-9000,27000-27031,27036
Rocket League - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,7000-9000
Rocket League - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,7000-9000
Rocket League - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Rocket League - PC
- UDP: 7000-9000
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Rocket League simply follow one of these links:
- Rocket League - Steam
- Rocket League - Playstation 4
- Rocket League - Xbox One
- Rocket League - Switch
- Rocket League - PC
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.