How to Port Forward Alone in the Dark
Alone in the Dark (2008) is a survival style of game. Survival games are focused on resource management, such as health and ammo, and sometimes include elements of stealth. Most are either post-apocalyptic or supernatural based, and many have a strong horror component. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive for as long as possible. Many survival games have multiple waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. It is an extremely popular style for zombie invasion games.
How to Port Forward Alone in the Dark (2008)
When you are playing Alone in the Dark (2008) you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Alone in the Dark (2008)
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router that need to be forwarded for Alone in the Dark (2008) are as follows:
Alone in the Dark (2008) - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Alone in the Dark (2008) - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Alone in the Dark (2008) - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Alone in the Dark (2008) - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Alone in the Dark (2008) yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Alone in the Dark (2008) simply follow one of these links:
- Alone in the Dark (2008) - Xbox 360
- Alone in the Dark (2008) - Playstation 3
- Alone in the Dark (2008) - Wii
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.