Ports Required for Anno 1701
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Anno 1701 are as follows:
Anno 1701 - PC
- TCP: 17011
Anno 1701 - Steam
- TCP: 17011, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Anno 1701 that will show you the incoming ports.
Anno 1701 has the following styles of gameplay.
- A real time strategy game tends to involve things like resource farming and management, as well as troop creation and construction of buildings. Warcraft and Starcraft are some of the most well known RTS style games.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- Management based games are frequently about managing a pool of limited resources such as wood, rock, wool, and brick. They can also be based on managing players on a roster in a sports game, or even managing a business.
- Simulation games are based on recreating something from the real world in a game like environment. There are many different types of simulation games such as driving, flying, sports, and farming. One of the earliest simulation games was SimCity which was a social simulation game.
Port Forward Anno 1701
When you are playing Anno 1701 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.