How to Open a Port in Your Router for Smite
Smite offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Port Forward Smite
When you are playing Smite you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Smite Require
The network ports for Smite are as follows:
Smite - PC
- TCP: 9000-9001
- UDP: 9002-9999
Smite - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,9000-9001
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500,9002-9999
Smite - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,9000-9001
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,9002-9999
Smite - Switch
- TCP: 6667,9000-9001,12400,28910,29900-29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Smite - Steam
- TCP: 9000-9001,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,9002-9999,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Smite that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.