How to Port Forward ARK: Survival Evolved
When you play ARK: Survival Evolved you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
Forward Ports for ARK: Survival Evolved
When you are playing ARK: Survival Evolved you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does ARK: Survival Evolved Require
The ports for ARK: Survival Evolved are as follows:
ARK: Survival Evolved - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
ARK: Survival Evolved - Steam
- TCP: 25147,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,7777-7778,25147,27000-27031,27036
ARK: Survival Evolved - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
ARK: Survival Evolved - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and ARK: Survival Evolved simply follow one of these links:
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Playstation 4
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Steam
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Xbox One
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.