How to Port Forward ARK: Survival Evolved
ARK: Survival Evolved offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
Port Forward ARK: Survival Evolved
When you are playing ARK: Survival Evolved you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does ARK: Survival Evolved Require
The network ports that need to be forwarded for ARK: Survival Evolved are as follows:
ARK: Survival Evolved - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
ARK: Survival Evolved - Steam
- TCP: 25147,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,7777-7778,25147,27000-27031,27036
ARK: Survival Evolved - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
ARK: Survival Evolved - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and ARK: Survival Evolved simply follow one of these links:
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Playstation 4
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Steam
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Xbox One
- ARK: Survival Evolved - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.