Port Forwarding on Your Router for Astrodogs
When you play Astrodogs you will experience the following styles of play.
- Arcade style games usually do not have a story and are closely related to action games, except they are much less in depth and intended to be played in a limited amount of time.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Flight games are similar to car driving games in that you are usually in the cockpit of a plane or helicopter. They can also be from the view of a chase camera. Some flight games are atmospheric and some are space based.
- Shoot 'em up games are games where the player character engages in a lone assault, often in a spacecraft or aircraft, shooting large numbers of enemies while dodging their attacks. They are frequently top down but there also side scrolling styles out there. All shoot 'em up games require very fast reflexes.
Forward Ports for Astrodogs
When you are playing Astrodogs you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Astrodogs
The necessary ports for Astrodogs are as follows:
Astrodogs - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Astrodogs - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Astrodogs yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Astrodogs - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Astrodogs simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.